APPLY TO EXHIBIT
We are currently accepting proposals for February to July 2018.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday, 29 October 2017.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Alternating Current Art Space welcomes applications from emerging/established artists, interstate and overseas artists, curators, art collectives, organisations, independent launches, and festivals.
- Contemporary art practitioners including (but not limited to) visual, audio, video based and performance works, applications to exhibit can be for solo shows or curated group shows.
- All applications to exhibit are considered by the Alternating Current Art Space curatorial committee.
- Payment for show to be made by specified date
- Providing good quality promo images by the due date in your contract
- Transportation of work to and from Alternating Current Art Space
- Install/deinstall of your show (assistance will be provided by gallery staff)
- Insurance of your work for the duration of your exhibition, if desired
- Any specialised or additional equipment required (eg: projectors, special plinths, etc)
- An artwork list of all works in your exhibition by the due date in your contract
- Gallery sitting for 3 x 3-hour shifts
- Returning the gallery space to its original condition after the exhibition closes (ie: patching walls, removing all artwork, putting gallery tools away, etc.)
- Repainting gallery walls back to white if walls have been painted another colour and the provision of the paint to do this
- A three-week exhibition
- Advertisement in Art Almanac and Art Guide Australia
- Promotion of your show on social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Emailed invitation to the Alternating Current Art Space mailing list
- Gallery staff will assist you with install/deinstall of the exhibition
- Provision of basic tools (ladder, hammer, nails, screws, drill, and level)
- Gallery staff will sit gallery for part of the show
- Set up and clean up on opening night
- The gallery will take a 25% commission on all sales
- It is important that you are familiar with the space before applying.
- In your application, number the gallery spaces in order of preference.
- The gallery is open to the public 4 days per week, excluding public holidays. Our opening hours are Thursday & Friday 12-7pm, and Saturday & Sunday 12-5pm.
- Note: Video works requiring a darkened room are ideal for Gallery 4, as it can be blacked out completely.
- Note: The Cupboard is very narrow.
Gallery 1 – $750
Gallery 2 – $850
Gallery 3 – $500
Gallery 4 – $400
The Cupboard – $150
Click/tap images to enlarge
- Applicants will need to provide a clear vision of their proposed exhibition through text and images in a single pdf document. Please do not send images separately.
- Images – Include up to 10 images for a solo show, up to 20 images for a group show.
- Audiovisual links if applicable – please ensure the audiovisual content is relevant and of a short duration and please upload your content to a platform such as VIMEO or YouTube and include links.
- Please include links to your website, past exhibitions or link that shows us your practice.
- Support material list – please indicate whether the images are of completed work, ready to be exhibited, developmental concepts or examples of previous work.
- Current CV – 1 page only.
Proposals are to be emailed as a single pdf to email@example.com and are to include:
- Artist(s) contact information
- Title of proposed exhibition
- A clear description of how you will use the gallery space. Explain your project, its concepts, and aims (max. 250 words).
- Artist statement (50 words)
- 10 images of current work included in pdf
- Artist CV (1 page)
- Indicate preferred gallery space in order of preference and exhibition period
- Put your name in the pdf filename
Note: Submissions that do not include all of the above may not be included in our selection process.